Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Internship Description

As a high school intern at the Madera Pet Hospital, I started out observing and learning how the hospital operated. As I became more acquainted with how things worked, I was allowed more interactive jobs that directly involved the animals themselves.

Since a main concern was that, as an intern, I wasn't harmed by an animal during my time there, I was limited to what I could help with. However, I was able to view if not help with many standard procedures that included but were not limited to ultrasounds, dental surguries and even emergency situtations.

My supervisor was very supportive and recognized my eagerness to learn, so I was included in interactions with patients and their owners which was also a new experience.

The internship taught me many things about working with others and helping out no matter the job. It was exciting and there was always something new to learn and experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment